Last Updated on July 26, 2022 by Jhonni Jets
How to Get HBO Max on Smartcast
If you have a SmartCast device, you can stream the HBO Max service directly through your TV. This is one of the best ways to watch HBO Max online and it’s extremely easy to get started.
HBO Max is a subscription-based streaming service that allows you to watch your favorite shows on your smartphone, tablet, or SmartCast. You can access the service through most major internet providers.
Table of Content
You must be connected to the internet in order to use HBO Max. If you don’t have an internet connection available, check out our guide for using HBO without wifi or data!
You also need a subscription if you want to use HBO Max – but luckily there are multiple ways to get one!
How To Download HBO Max On SmartCast
To download HBO Max to your SmartCast, simply:
- Press the Home button on your remote control. This is the button that looks like a circle with a line through it and will be located in the upper right-hand corner of your remote. If you’re not sure which button is which, press each one individually until you find it (don’t worry—you can tell which one it is because it will have an image of an icon on it).
- Click on the Download icon next to HBO Max. You may have more than one app listed here; if so, click on HBO Max first and then select install from the menu that appears below that option.
Now that you have HBO Max installed and set up, here’s how to get started using it: On your remote control, press the button with a circle and a line through it. This is the Home button. If you’re not sure which one is which, press each one individually until you find it (don’t worry—you can tell which one it is because it will have an image of an icon on it). Click on the Download icon next to HBO Max.
Learn how to use the HBO Max app on your SmartCast.
You can use the HBO Max app on your SmartCast to watch all of the same shows that are on HBO, but you’ll need to be an existing HBO subscriber to do so. This means that you need to have a cable subscription or pay for one of these services:
- Sling TV Blue Package
- Sling TV Orange Package + HBO
- AT&T WatchTV (formerly AT&T TV Now) + HBO Max add-on
What is HBO Max?
HBO Max is a new streaming service from WarnerMedia that brings together all of your favorite shows and movies from the award-winning HBO, Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment brands, plus new content for fans to enjoy. You can access all of this through one app—the same way you do now with HBO NOW. The difference is that now your favorite shows are in one place so there’s no need to subscribe to multiple apps just to watch your favorite programming on all devices (and still having to pay for each individual app).
How do I use the HBO Max app on my SmartCast?
If you’re already an eligible member of HBO Go/NOW, then chances are good that getting started with the new service will be as easy as downloading it onto your device! As long as you have an active subscription account linked with your device, simply follow these steps:
1. Go to the App Store on your SmartCast and select “Get” 2. Once downloaded, sign in by entering the same credentials used for HBO Go/NOW 3. Open up HBO Max to start watching!
Hopefully, you now have a better understanding of how to get HBO Max on your SmartCast TV. With all the different options available, it can be hard to know where to start when deciding which route is right for your setup. However, if you follow these steps carefully and think about what kind of content you want to watch before choosing an option, then getting HBO Max should be a breeze!