How to Get Gmail on Apple Watch – Guide
This post was most recently updated on September 13th, 2022
How to Get Gmail on Apple Watch – Guide
Gmail is a very popular email service, and it’s also one of the best. In fact, it’s so good that Google has even been able to make its way into your watch.
Read Also: How to Watch TNT on Firestick For Free – Complete Guide
While you would think that these two services would be natural companions, they are actually very different in how they work and what they offer. This guide will explain how to get Gmail on Apple Watch, so read on!
How to Get Gmail on Apple Watch – Steps
- Download the Gmail app on your iPhone.
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone.
- Log in to your Gmail account using Touch ID or Face ID (if available).
- Open the Gmail app on your Apple Watch by tapping it from within the Dock, or by using Force Touch to bring up its shortcut menu, then selecting “Open” from there (or just double-pressing any of its buttons).
- Tap the Gmail icon and wait for it to load up; once it does, tap on “Settings,” then select one of these options: Show Unread Counts in Notifications or Add Reminders to All Messages
Alternative Way: Get Gmail on Apple Watch using Third-Party Apps
If you don’t want to use the official Gmail app, there are plenty of third-party options out there that can help you get your email on your watch. These include:
- Apollo Mail (iOS)
- Spark (iOS and Android)
These apps have a great user interface and allow you to view your inbox in a clean format, which makes it easy to scroll through emails quickly. They also offer features like notifications for new messages, the ability to archive or delete messages from your watch, as well as support for both Gmail accounts and non-Gmail accounts such as Yahoo! Mail or Outlook.
Can you get an email on Apple Watch?
You can get an email on Apple Watch. The good news is, that you don’t have to be a Gmail user to use it with your smartwatch. There are plenty of third-party options that will work just fine, too. The bad news is that not every app offers offline support so don’t expect your messages to show up immediately after they’re sent or received while you’re away from a Wi-Fi or LTE connection.
The first thing you’ll need to do is set up an account on the watch itself if you haven’t already done so: go into Settings > Mail, Contacts & Calendars > Add Account and choose one of the supported ones (Gmail, Yahoo!, AOL).
Why can’t I get my email on my Apple Watch?
You can only get email on your Apple Watch if you are using it as a standalone device. This means that the watch is not paired with another device (like an iPhone), and as such, cannot receive or send messages.
You can also access your email on the watch by using it as a companion device. Here, the phone will act as the primary mode of communication but still allow for some minor functions like checking email or looking at calendar events from other platforms like Google Calendar or iCloud Calendar.
Is Gmail on Apple Watch?
Yes, Gmail is on Apple Watch.
Google has released its own app for the Apple Watch. This app works just like any other version of the Gmail app (on Android or iOS). You can access your email from your watch and send replies to messages, see who’s writing you and archive them with ease. The only thing that doesn’t work is Gmail Assistant, which isn’t available on this device yet.
Will there be an iOS update for Apple watch?
No, there is no iOS update for Apple watch.
This means that your iPhone is running the latest operating system, but your Apple watch isn’t. If you’re still having issues getting Gmail on Apple Watch, check out these tips to improve performance on your device:
- Turn off background refresh for apps that aren’t necessary at this time. If an app isn’t open or being used in the foreground, its background refresh service will continue to run and eat up battery life. To turn off an app’s background refresh settings: Go into Settings > General > Background App Refresh; then turn off any apps that aren’t needed at this time (for example, email clients).
- Disable automatic brightness and set it manually instead. Auto-brightness adjusts based upon ambient light conditions—which means it might be brighter than necessary in places where there’s plenty of natural lighting (like an office) or dimmer than needed when you’re outside in direct sunlight (like the beach). Turning off auto-brightness ensures that only one brightness level is used all day long—no matter where you are or what time it is—and helps conserve battery power by ensuring that only one sensor has to work instead of two working simultaneously!
Why is my apple watch not updating emails?
- Check the settings on your iPhone
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and tap on Accounts. In here, you can see all the accounts that are synced with your iPhone and set up how they sync data (push, fetch or manual).
- Check the settings on your Apple Watch
- Open Settings on your Apple Watch and tap Mail. Here you can check if Gmail is set as Default Account or not and also change its mail settings from Push to Fetch or Manual depending on how often you want it to refresh emails from this account
Why can’t I see my emails on my Apple Watch?
You can take the following steps to troubleshoot:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iOS and WatchOS.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Gmail.
- Check that your Apple Watch is connected to your phone.
- Check that your watch is on the same Wi-Fi network as your phone.
Hopefully, you’ve found this article helpful and now know how to get Gmail on your Apple Watch! If you have any questions or concerns, please leave them in the comments below. We would love to hear from you.