Last Updated on November 7, 2023 by Jhonni Jets
Univision is one of the most popular Spanish language networks in the United States. It broadcasts a variety of programs including news, sports, telenovelas, reality shows, and more. If you want to watch Univision on your Samsung smart TV, there are a few different options available.
Samsung smart TVs come equipped with apps and software that makes streaming Univision easy. You can download the Univision app directly on your Samsung TV to access live broadcasts and on demand content. Additionally, you can subscribe to a live TV streaming service that carries Univision, like YouTube TV or DirecTV Stream, and watch through the corresponding app on Samsung.
Table of Content
Below are step-by-step instructions to get Univision on your Samsung smart TV through the different available methods.
Download the Univision App on Samsung Smart TV
The easiest way to start watching Univision on your Samsung TV is to download the Univision app directly. Here’s how:
1. Go to the Smart Hub on Your Samsung TV
- Press the home button on your Samsung remote to access the Smart Hub – this is the main menu for apps.
- You can also select “Smart Hub” from the left side menu.
2. Search for Univision
- Scroll down and select “Apps” on the Smart Hub menu.
- This will open the app store where you can browse and search for downloadable apps.
- Type “Univision” into the search bar and select the Univision app when it appears.
3. Select Download
- The Univision app listing will open. Select “Download” to begin installing the app on your Samsung TV.
- A download progress bar will appear – wait for the app to fully install.
4. Open the Univision App
- Once downloaded, the Univision app icon will appear on your Samsung Smart Hub apps menu. Select it to open the app.
- You can now start watching live Univision broadcasts and access on demand programming.
- Log in with your cable or satellite provider account if you have one that includes Univision to unlock more content.
The Univision app transforms your Samsung TV into a Spanish-language entertainment hub. Install it to conveniently watch your favorite Univision shows.
Use Live TV Streaming Services
Live TV streaming services like YouTube TV, Hulu + Live TV, DirecTV Stream, and FuboTV all include Univision in their channel packages. You can subscribe to one of these services and then access Univision through the corresponding app on your Samsung TV.
Here are instructions for using popular live TV streaming platforms to watch Univision:
Sign Up for a Live TV Streaming Service
First, pick a live TV streaming provider that carries Univision. Some top options include:
- YouTube TV ($64.99/month)
- Hulu + Live TV ($69.99/month)
- DirecTV Stream ($69.99/month)
- FuboTV ($69.99/month)
Visit the website for your chosen provider and sign up for an account. Make sure to select a package that includes Univision.
Download the App on Your Samsung TV
- On your Samsung set, go to the Smart Hub and open the “Apps” section.
- Search for the app from your live TV streaming service (YouTube TV, Hulu, etc).
- Select “Download” to install the app.
Log in to Access Univision
- Launch the installed app and log in using your streaming account credentials.
- The app will sync your subscription and provide access to its full channel lineup, including Univision.
- You can now watch Univision live and stream from the available on demand library.
With a live TV streaming subscription, you can enjoy Univision plus many other channels for a monthly fee. The streaming service app enables easy viewing on your internet-connected Samsung TV.
Use a Digital Antenna
If you want to watch Univision’s over-the-air broadcast for free, consider using a digital TV antenna.
Check Univision Channel Availability
- Go to Univision’s website and enter your zip code in the “Find Our Channels” tool.
- This will confirm if Univision is available over-the-air in your area and provide the broadcast channel number.
Get a Digital Antenna
- If Univision is available in your area, purchase an indoor or outdoor HDTV antenna. Make sure the antenna can pick up Univision’s broadcast band (UHF or VHF).
- For the best reception, choose an amplified antenna and place it high and near a window.
Connect Antenna and Scan Channels
- Connect your digital antenna to your Samsung TV. You may need a coaxial cable and adapter.
- Open settings on your Samsung TV and go to the channel scan function. Start a new channel scan to search for Univision.
- Once the scan finishes, Univision should appear at its channel position ready to watch for free.
With a digital antenna connected, you can enjoy Univision’s live broadcast on your Samsung TV without any monthly fees. Installing an antenna is an easy and cost-effective way to watch.
Use a Streaming Device
If you prefer to watch Univision through a dedicated streaming device, that is another option for Samsung TVs.
Get a Streaming Device
- Purchase a streaming device like Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV or Chromecast. Look for models that provide access to the Univision app or Univision through live TV streaming platforms.
Connect Streaming Device
- Connect your streaming device to your Samsung TV through the HDMI ports. Follow setup instructions.
Download and Open App
- For Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV – download the Univision app or a live TV streaming app with Univision, then log in to your account.
- For Chromecast – open compatible apps on your mobile device, tap the Cast button, and stream to your TV.
- Launch the Univision app or channel and start watching on your Samsung set.
Streaming devices are an easy plug-and-play solution for getting Univision on Samsung smart TVs. Choose one with your preferred streaming apps and content.
If you are having difficulties accessing Univision through any of the above methods, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Check that your Samsung TV is connected to the internet. Univision apps require an internet connection to stream content.
- Make sure your TV and apps are up-to-date with the latest software updates. Outdated apps may not load channels properly.
- Reboot your Samsung TV and router if you experience connectivity issues. This can clear any glitches.
- Adjust antenna placement and scan for channels again if Univision is not appearing with your antenna.
- Contact your live TV streaming provider for assistance accessing their app and channels.
- Check Univision’s website or app for service alerts about known issues. Routine maintenance can cause streaming disruptions.
With a few simple setup steps, you can start watching Univision on your Samsung TV through various streaming options. Follow the above guide to choose the method that works best based on your preferences and access requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions About Watching Univision on Samsung TVs
- Do I need internet to watch Univision on my Samsung TV? Yes, internet access is required to use the Univision app or live TV streaming platforms. The only exception is watching over-the-air broadcasts with a digital antenna.
- Does Samsung have its own live TV streaming service? Yes, Samsung TV Plus is a free streaming service with live channels available directly on Samsung smart TVs. However, Univision is not currently available on Samsung TV Plus.
- Can I watch Univision Deportes on Samsung TVs? Yes, the main Univision app includes access to Univision Deportes for sports programming. Check channel listings.
- How can I resolve buffering issues when streaming Univision? Buffering can be caused by slow internet speeds. Try restarting your modem/router, connecting your TV via Ethernet, closing other apps, or upgrading your internet plan.
- Why can’t I find the Univision app in the Samsung App Store? The Univision app may only be available in certain regions. Change your Samsung App Store region to United States if needed.
Samsung smart TVs make it easy to access Univision through the built-in app store, installing streaming apps, or connecting an antenna. Determine the optimal method based on your specific needs and setup. With Univision on your Samsung TV, you can conveniently enjoy news, entertainment and more from the leading Spanish language network. Follow the steps in this guide for help getting set up and troubleshooting any streaming issues.