Last Updated on October 7, 2023 by Jhonni Jets
How To Get Philips Tv Out Of Safe Mode
Philips TVs have a safe mode that allows you to troubleshoot issues, reset settings and perform factory resets. While safe mode can be useful, sometimes you may want to get your Philips TV out of safe mode and back to normal.
Watching TV can be downright fun while it is working correctly. You are able to stream your favorite shows, watch videos and play games without a hitch. However, this may not always be the case. Sometimes your Philips flat-screen TV will run into issues, freezing up on you or even going into safe mode with no way out of No worries! This is easily fixable and you’ll find everything you need to know about how to fix a Philips TV in safe mode right here!
Table of Content
Often Philips TV comes into safe mode due to software issues. The safe mode appears on the television screen with a logo of safe mode on it. The purpose of safe mode is to get your TV working normally again by clearing the temporary bugs that could be causing the issues.
What Is Safe Mode On Philips TV?
Safe mode on Philips TVs is a troubleshooting mode that loads the TV with default settings and disables certain features. When in safe mode, the TV will have the following characteristics:
- Only essential apps and services will load at startup. This disables any problematic 3rd party apps.
- The TV reverts to factory default settings for the picture, sound, etc.
- The TV input source is set to the first HDMI port.
- Network connectivity is disabled as WiFi and ethernet are switched off.
- Advanced settings like HDR are disabled.
Safe mode allows you to identify and fix issues caused by faulty apps, settings, and connectivity problems. However, for regular TV viewing, you need to get the TV out of safe mode.
How To Enter Safe Mode On Philips TV
Before learning how to exit safe mode, it’s important to know the different ways to enter safe mode on a Philips TV:
Enter Safe Mode Through the Menu
- Press the Menu button on your Philips TV remote.
- Go to the Support or Help menu.
- Select Safe Mode and choose to either restart in safe mode or reboot into safe mode.
Enter Safe Mode Through Key Sequence
- Press these buttons sequentially on the remote: Menu, Volume Down, Volume Up, Volume Down, Volume Up
- The TV will restart into safe mode.
Enter Safe Mode During Bootup
- When the Philips logo appears on bootup, press and hold the Volume Up button on the remote.
- Keep holding until the TV restarts into safe mode.
Steps To Get Philips TV Out Of Safe Mode
Once you’ve identified and resolved the issue using safe mode, getting the TV to normal mode is easy. Here are the steps:
1. Restart The TV
The most straightforward way is to simply restart the Philips TV. When the TV boots up again, it will no longer be in safe mode.
- Press the Power button on your remote to turn the TV off
- Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet
- Leave the TV unplugged for 2 minutes
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet and turn the TV on
The TV will now boot up in normal mode with all settings and apps enabled.
2. Factory Reset The TV
Doing a factory reset will wipe all customized settings and apps and return the TV to original out-of-the-box state.
- Access the Support/Help menu using the remote
- Navigate to Advanced Options > Factory Reset
- Select Factory Reset Everything
- Confirm factory reset when prompted
The TV will restart and boot up in normal mode. You can redo your settings.
3. Change Input Source
Switching to a different input source like HDMI or antenna gets the TV out of safe mode.
- Press the Input or Source button on your remote
- Select an input source like HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc
- You can also select TV mode or Antenna/Cable mode
- Confirm change when prompted
This will exit safe mode and start video input from the new source.
4. Disable Safe Mode
You can permanently disable safe mode through the system settings if you don’t need it.
- Access the TV’s support/help menu
- Go to Advanced Options > Safe Mode
- Select Off or Disable
- Confirm disable when prompted
The safe mode option will now be disabled and the TV will always boot directly in normal mode.
Why Is My Philips TV Stuck In Safe Mode?
In some cases, the Philips TV may get stuck in safe mode and not switch to normal mode automatically. Here are some reasons why:
- Incorrect safe mode entry method – For example, holding the remote volume button too long on bootup. Follow the correct procedure outlined above.
- Connectivity issues – Problems with WiFi, ethernet or HDMI connections can force the TV into safe mode at startup.
- App errors – Faulty apps like a corrupted YouTube app constantly crashing may trigger safe mode.
- Incorrect settings – Wrong picture and sound settings like screen brightness can get the TV stuck in safe mode.
- Software bugs – Bugs in the firmware could cause continuous safe mode. Consider updating to the latest software version.
If your Philips TV gets stuck in safe mode, restarting and factory resetting it as explained above should resolve the problem.
How To Prevent Philips TV From Entering Safe Mode
To stop your Philips TV from entering safe mode unexpectedly, you can take the following precautions:
- Avoid holding remote buttons during bootup – This can unintentionally trigger safe mode on startup.
- Keep TV software updated – Firmware updates fix bugs that may cause safe mode issues.
- Be cautious when installing new apps – Malicious or buggy apps can freeze the TV in safe mode. Install apps from trusted sources only.
- Use surge protectors – Power surges from electrical outlets can sometimes disrupt the TV and force safe mode.
- Check device connections – Loose HDMI cables, WiFi issues etc can make the TV enter safe mode. Secure cables properly.
- Reset factory defaults – If incorrect settings are causing repeated safe mode, reset the TV to factory defaults.
- Disable Safe Mode – Switch off Safe Mode permanently through the settings if you don’t need it.
Following these tips will minimize the chances of your Philips TV entering safe mode when not desired. Be sure to exit safe mode properly when required.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Why won’t my Philips TV switch on from safe mode?
- If your Philips TV won’t turn on from safe mode, it’s likely due to an issue with the TV software or hardware. Try unplugging it from power for 2 minutes and plugging it back in. If it still won’t turn on, you may need professional service.
- How do I reset picture and sound settings out of safe mode?
- To reset picture and audio settings on your Philips TV, go to the Support/Help menu, select Advanced Options and choose Factory Reset. This will reset everything to the factory default settings.
- Does factory reset remove everything from the TV?
- Yes, a factory reset will delete all apps, accounts, and customized settings. The TV will revert to original out-of-box condition. Your saved videos/photos on USB devices will NOT be deleted.
- How do I get the remote to work in Philips TV safe mode?
- Try pressing buttons like Menu, Arrow Keys, Ok, and Back which should work in safe mode. If the remote isn’t responding, you may need to pair it to the TV by pressing the Pair button on the back of the remote.
- Why do I get no signal on my Philips TV in safe mode?
- In safe mode, the TV input is automatically set to the first HDMI port. If you have no device connected to that port, you will get a no signal message. Connect a device or change to a different input source.
To conclude, safe mode on Philips TVs is designed to diagnose and fix issues with the settings and apps. Once you have identified and resolved the problem, getting the TV to exit safe mode is simple – just restart, factory reset or change the input source. Avoid unnecessary safe mode triggers by updating software, securing connections and being careful during bootup. Knowing the easy ways to get your Philips TV out of safe mode will allow you to enjoy all its features.