How to Turn on LG Tv Without Remote – Easy Solutions
If you’ve ever been in a situation where you forgot to bring your remote control with you and your LG TV has a problem, especially
if it’s related to a power issue, then you’ll want to know how to turn on LG TV without remote.
In this article, I will explain why this is important and how to make sure that your LG TV can be turned on without the use of remote control.
Try using the webOS Magic Remote
- Turn on the power of the LG Magic Remote Control.
- On your LG TV remote, press and hold the Settings button for a few seconds.
- The Setting Menu will appear on your screen, navigate to General and then select External Device Manager from the list of options available on your screen.
- Press OK or Select depending on which option appears on your screen and then go ahead and select Universal Control in order to turn it On or Off.
- Confirm that you have turned it ON by pressing OK or Select again. This action will make the TV search for a connection with any device that is connected to an HDMI port on your television set that has CEC functionality enabled in them as well as support HID(Human Interface Device) profile over HDMI ports (HOGP).
Get yourself a universal remote.
Another option is to get yourself a universal remote. A universal remote can be used to control multiple devices, including your LG TV. You’re probably familiar with universal remotes such as the Logitech Harmony line of remotes that we have recommended in the past.
When you buy a new TV it comes with one, but then you misplace the darn thing and you’re stuck trying to figure out how to turn on the TV without a remote. As with most things in life, there are many ways to skin this cat. Here are some options for turning on your LG tv without a remote:
Check if your TV model has a remote app
Your LG smart TV may come with many great features and enhancements to help process the sound that you hear. When using your LG TV, you may find times where the picture displayed on your screen does not match the dimensions of your television. This could have been caused by a number of things:
- Using an old HDMI cable
- Using an incompatible HDMI cable
- Using a new compatible HDMI cable but one which is faulty (this can happen)
If it is any of these cases except for the last, there is no issue and you will see full resolution. If not, follow these steps to resolve your issue:
Download the LG TV Plus app.
Step 1: Download the LG TV Plus app from the App Store or Google Play.
Step 2: Install the app on your smartphone.
Step 3: Open the app and choose “Start” to see all available devices on your network.
Step 4: Find and select your model number from the list of TVs shown.
Don’t forget to rate us!
Use your cellphone as a remote control.
- Download the LG TV Plus app.
- Tap the Connect button on the phone screen and select Connect to TV.
- Tap the Connect button on your TV’s screen and select Start Now to confirm that you want to connect your cellphone as a remote control for your LG TV.
- Select your LG television from the displayed devices list, then enter a four-digit pairing code generated by your phone (the same code will appear both on-screen and in LG TV Plus).
- Once connected, you can use your cellphone as a remote control for all of your television’s features, including opening channels, adjusting volume, and accessing settings menus (by tapping Menu from the home screen of LG TV Plus).
In this guide, we’ve shown you how to turn on your LG TV without a remote using several methods. You can use your cellphone and turn on the LG TV through the same WiFi network or by connecting it via Bluetooth. You can also opt for universal remotes, remote apps for your phone, or the webOS Magic Remote. Each method has its benefits – some are more convenient than others, while some require more setup.