Last Updated on July 24, 2022 by Jhonni Jets
How to Turn on Airplay on LG TV – 3 Methods
If you are planning to watch your favorite show on a big screen and want to stream it from your iPhone or iPad, then knowing how to turn on airplay on LG tv will be a great help for you. In this article, we will discuss the methods that can help you enable Airplay 2 in your LG TV.
Method 1. How To Enable Airplay 2 From The LG TV Settings Menu
- Go to your LG TV’s Settings menu by pressing the “Home” button on your remote or the button on the front of your TV.
- Select “Network,” then choose “AirPlay 2” from the list of options that appears (you may have to scroll through a few screens before you find it).
- Select “Turn On AirPlay 2,” which will show up as grayed-out text until you choose it by pressing your remote or physical buttons on your TV’s case (if applicable) once more
Method 2. How To Enable Airplay 2 On Your LG AI ThinQ TV With Your Voice
You can use your voice-activated AI ThinQ TV to turn on AirPlay 2, select the AirPlay device, and turn off AirPlay 2.
Table of Content
Read Also: How to Get Att Tv on LG smart tv – 3 methods
Step 1) Press the home button on your remote control to display the Apps bar at the bottom of the screen. Then press OK once or twice until you see “Voice” in big letters.
Step 2) Press OK again, then say: “Turn on/off airplay” (or use other commands such as “Select airplay device” and “Turn off airplay”).
Step 3) After you’ve enabled AirPlay 2, you can use other voice commands such as: “Select airplay device” and “Turn off airplay” to control your TV. You can even use Siri on your iPhone or iPad! Tip: If you’re unsure how to say a word in English, try saying it aloud first.
Method 3. How To Enable Airplay 2 On Your LG AI ThinQ TV Via The SmartThinQ App
To enable Airplay 2 on your LG AI ThinQ TV, you’ll need to download the SmartThinQ app. From there, you can connect your smartphone with an LG TV by scanning a QR code.
Connecting Your Phone To Your TV With The SmartThinQ App:
To set up Airplay 2 on your LG AI ThinQ TV via the SmartThinQ app, first, download it from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Then open it and follow these steps:
- Select “Settings” from the navigation drawer on Android devices or tap “Settings” on iOS devices; then scroll down until you see “AirPlay Mirroring.” Tap that option and select Yes when asked if you want to enable mirroring from this device (the app). It’s important to note that this option won’t appear if no compatible devices are connected to your network at the present time since they require internet connectivity so make sure both work well before proceeding further with these instructions!
If successful, you will see a QR code on the screen which should be scanned by your smartphone using the SmartThinQ app, and then select “Next.” The app will prompt to enter an in-app code that matches what’s shown on TV for verification purposes before going through the connection process again with another device if necessary (e.g., Apple TV or Macbook Air) After these steps have been completed successfully, all Airplay 2 compatible devices within range of your LG smart TV can access
Why won’t my AirPlay work on my LG TV?
If you’ve followed all of the steps above and still have trouble connecting your iPhone to your LG TV, there may be an issue with your Wi-Fi connection.
If you’re sure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, one of these other things might be causing the problem:
- Make sure that both devices have the latest software update for their operating systems. If not, this could be preventing them from communicating with each other properly.
- If using AirPlay Mirroring on an iPad or another iOS device, try resetting AirPlay Mirroring on both devices before trying again (see How do I reset AirPlay Mirroring?). This is especially useful if you’re having trouble connecting multiple iOS devices at once using AirPlay Mirroring.
Can you use AirPlay on LG Smart TV?
Yes, you can use AirPlay on LG Smart TV. You can do it with the Smartshare app as well as the Smart-ThinQ app.
AirPlay is one of the best features that Apple has provided to its users. It allows us to stream content from our iPhones, iPads, and Macs onto our TVs. However, you might have noticed that this feature is not available on all devices and it is especially missing from LG devices.
While there are many reasons why you can’t use Airplay on LG TV, we have provided some solutions which should work in most cases. If none of these work for you then contact LG support directly as they may be able to help you with this issue