Last Updated on June 9, 2022 by James animes
How to Turn on Airplay on Vizio TV – 3 Ways to Follow
Smart TVs are the future of all entertainment, and Vizio is one of the best smart TV brands on the market. If you have a Vizio smart TV, you know how easy it is to watch movies, shows, and more.
Table of Content
However, when your remote control breaks or goes missing, it can be difficult to navigate your way around the smart functions of your television. So we’ll show you how you can use AirPlay on a Vizio TV without a remote control.
How to turn on airplay on a Vizio TV without a remote control
- Connect the two devices via screen mirroring. Make sure your Vizio TV and iOS device are connected to the same wireless network and that both devices are running updated software versions.
- Launch Control Center on your iPhone, then swipe up from the bottom to access AirPlay options under “Multitasking” (if it’s not there, you may need to scroll down). If you don’t have this option in your Control Center, head into Settings > Display & Brightness > View Available Devices > Screen Mirroring and turn it on.
- Select your Vizio TV from the list of available devices and tap “Continue.” You should see a code appear on both screens; enter that code using each device’s keyboard when prompted by one another’s screens (this is how they verify each other’s identity). Once verified, begin streaming content from one computer directly onto another (you can stream anything you want—movies, music files etc.).
How to turn on airplay on Vizio smart TV using an Apple TV
To use AirPlay on your Vizio smart TV, you’ll need to connect your Apple TV to the Vizio smart TV.
- Plug in the Apple TV and turn it on.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the same Wi-Fi network as both devices (if they’re not already connected).
- Open the Apple TV app from either device’s home screen and select “AirPlay.” Select “Vizio SmartCast” in this menu, and then choose an app you want to stream content from (like Netflix or Spotify).
- The audio will now play through your Vizio smart speaker system!
How to turn on airplay on a Vizio smart TV using SmartCast Home
- Open the SmartCast Home app.
- Tap the cast icon in the upper-right corner of your screen
- Select your device from the list of available devices and tap OK to confirm your selection (if it is not already selected)
- Select an app or content you would like to play on that device if prompted, such as Netflix or Hulu
- Tap the cast icon in whatever app you are casting from (like Netflix), then select your TV as a target device
To turn on airplay on Vizio smart TV, you need to do a few things. First, make sure you have an Apple TV attached to your Vizio smart TV.
Then, connect your iPhone or iPad to the same Wifi network as the Vizio smart TV. Next, open AirPlay and make sure it’s enabled on your device. Finally, select “AirPlay” at the bottom of any screen or app in order to show what’s currently playing there.