How to Connect PS4 to a TV Without HDMI – Easy Steps to Follow
This post was most recently updated on May 5th, 2021
How to Connect PS4 to a TV Without HDMI – Easy Steps to Follow
PlayStation 4 a great gaming console that has brought us a lot closer to real-world gaming. And what brings the perfect gaming feels is when you connect your ps4 to your big screen television with snacks on the side and your favourite fps or racing game on the screen? Whoa, isn’t that exciting just to imagine that scene.
Well, no more imagining because now you can connect ps4 to TV. From a lot of requests from your side to write an article on “How to connect PS4 to a TV without HDMI,” we finally decided to write an article, and here it is.
Connecting a PS4 to a TV with an HDMI cable is an easy procedure to follow but when it comes to connecting PS4 to a TV without HDMI, it becomes a bit of a tricky and lengthy process.
Read Also: How to Get Rid of Family Manager on PS4 – Easy Steps to Follow
The idea of how to connect PS4 to a TV without HDMI comes when you lost your HDMI cable or when you don’t that you don’t want to spend money on HDMI cable or if your TV doesn’t have the HDMI port.
Depends on your model
As you might know, that nowadays the LEDs TVs are getting popular and widely used and the fact that their prices have been decreased with time, more people prefer to buy LEDs. But still, some people can’t afford a TV with an HDMI port.
Nowadays, the modern gaming consoles come with functionality to connect to console to TV with the help of HDMI and if unfortunately, your monitor doesn’t have any HDMI port then you might find it difficult to connect PS4 to TV by some other ways.
But don’t worry because we have researched and found out some of the methods that allow you to connect your PS4 to a TV without HDMI without buying a new modern TV.
Things to know before
- Make sure you use a good quality HDMI convertor. Plug the one end of the HDMI converter to the console and the other end to the Television.
- After that, plug the relevant cable such as composite cables into the TV and converter. Remember to Switch the Television to the proper input after that turn on the PS4.
- For the second method, make sure to use an HDMI-to-DVI converter: Plug in the HDMI cable into the PS4 console and DVI convertor. Now plug the DVI cable into the convertor and Television.
How to connect PS4 to a TV without HDMI
Here we have a complete guideline for you by which you can easily connect your PS4 to a TV without an HDMI cable. So, let’s get started without any further delay.
There are two methods by which you can connect your PS4 to a TV without an HDMI cable.
1.By composite cable
If you see at the back of your monitor, you will get to see a couple of ports, these ports can be anything a DVI input, coax input, and you will get to see 3 round-shaped ports with 3 different colors that will be printed inside the ports that are known as composite cables.
These ports are the converters that convert the HDMI signals into the signals that your TV can easily understand. In this way, you can connect your gaming console with your TV without an HDMI cable.
Lucky are those who are using the composite cables interface with PS4 as they have the advantage of getting the cable instead of using the converter.
Using a good quality cable makes the process easier and also you will get excellent picture quality. There is a drawback if you are using a low or cheap quality converter or cable.
The low-quality cable or convertor affects the audio quality and picture quality and signals of HDMI. Here is the guide by which you can connect PS4 to your TV.
- The very first thing you need to do is to check the back of your TV, there will find a composite interface port that if they are available or not. The port will be in three different colors printed inside the port.
- After that, get a composite to HDMI converter from any computer store. And make sure you buy the convertor cable that is of good quality because the low-quality cable ruins the picture quality.
- Now plug one side of the cable to the gaming console and the other side of the cable at the back of your TV to the composite port.
- Some of the monitors might ask to switch the display mode from some interface to a composite port.
Note: It is not guaranteed that the convertor will fix your problem, because third-party companies produce such type of HDMI to Composite cables that can’t use a converter.
2.Use an HDMI-DVI convertor
Both HDMI and DVI generate digital signals so if your TV comes with a DVI port then you will get see better results than with the one types of converters that are listed above in the guide.
You should also be able to make sacrifices like the loss of low-quality or audio like you would experience in an HDMI to the composite converter.
Note: DVIdoesn’t carry out the audio signal, sothis might be a bit of a hit or a miss solution.
Note: There are different type of DVI ports that varies from model to model in TVs. So the very first thing you need to do is to ensure which type of DVI port is in your monitor or if you have a converter which type of DVI port the converter uses.
- Plug the HDMI cable in the console and then plug the other end into the DVI convertor.
- Plugin the DVI cable into the convertor and after that plug the other end into the DVI convertor.
- Now, you have to switch your display to the proper input mode, and after that turn on the PS4. if you get to see the Sony logo and the console open up then congratulations, this procedure works for you.
Note: In case neitherofthese mentioned methods works, then we’d advise you to consider buying a new TV. The TV that is HDMI-compatible have low in price and you can get them for as little as $20 through second-hand retails outlets for example craigslist or through Facebook.
Although, these listed above procedure are the effective method are not guaranteed to work every time. If they are working there are possibilities that you will have to sacrifice the gaming quality with a convertor.
In comparison, you will get a better gaming experience with an HDMI cable with a standard connection.
Here is a whole article on how to connect PS4 to a TV without HDMI. Some TVs don’t support the HDMI cable functionality composite port is a good alternative we have got.
But with that, you’ll need to make some sacrifices on gaming experience but we are at least getting the game display right. But one thing you should take care of is that the cable or convertor you are using should be of high quality if not it’ll surely ruin your gaming experience.